Last Updated: 03/18/15
Applying to Medical School
Getting ready for application season and need information about applying to medical school? Great! Below are all the resources you’ll need to successfully submit your application, attend interviews, and get your acceptance letter! The medical school application process can be an extremely stressful time, but PreMed Roadmap is here to guide you along each step of the way.
Applying to Medical School Articles
- Medical School Requirements – Here you’ll find everything you need to know about what is required enter medical school.
- Medical School Acceptance Statistics – This is a great resource showing recent statistics on medical school applicants and accepted students.
- How to Write a Medical School Personal Statement – This is one of our most popular pages. It teaches you step by step how to write you personal statement so it is not only interesting, but also convincing. Included is an example of a real-life personal statement that worked.
- Medical School Recommendation Letters – This article is on how to secure impressive recommendation letters for your application.
- Medical School Early Decision Programs – In this blog post you’ll find our opinion on the early decision process.
- AMCAS Step By Step – AMCAS is the official application service for MD school. This article guides you through the application step by step, giving you advice along the way.
- Medical School Secondary Application Essays – Secondary applications are an extremely important part of the application process and this article shows you how to write an exceptional secondary application essay.
- The Medical School Interview – This can often be the most stressful part of the application process for pre-meds, but it doesn’t have to be! We show you how to prepare for your interview and what you should expect on interview day.
- How to Choose a Medical School – This article contains everything you need to know about how to choose a medical school to attend. Written mostly for those accepted to multiple schools, it is also very helpful for students in the application process trying to decide where to apply.
- List of Accredited Medical Schools – This is simply a list of all the medical schools accredited by the AAMC. Useful to make sure you attend an accredited school and your chosen school isn’t on probation or in danger of losing accreditation.