Last Updated: 03/18/15
The following is a list of accredited Caribbean medical schools that have been accredited by organizations that the National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA) of the US Department of Education has deemed comparable to the standards of the LCME, the association that accredits American MD schools. This list is accurate as of May 2012. Due to the changing standards of accreditation and the changing accrediting bodies for Caribbean medical schools, it is highly recommended that you further research all schools listed here.
Look here for more general information about the pros and cons Caribbean medical schools.
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine
- St Matthew’s University School of Medicine (Accredited through June 2013)
- Ross University School of Medicine
- St George’s University School of Medicine
- Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine
- Medical University of the Americas (Accredited through May 2016)
- Saba University School of Medicine (Accredited through September 2015)
- American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (Accredited through December 2015)